Chairperson: Sue Thompson (email@example.com) Phone: 607-272-6412
Cemetery Grounds Keeperr: Wayne Snyder -Phone: 607-272-1149
Liaison (Councilperson)-Vera Howe-Strait (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cemetery Committee is responsible for oversight of the cemeteries within the Town of Enfield.
Cemeteries within the town are:
Christian – Enfield Main Road; Budd – Gray Road; Presbyterian – Enfield Main Road, Rolfe – Applegate Road; Rumsey – Trumbulls Corners Road; Summerton – Hines Road; Taber – Enfield Center/near Sheffield Road; Teeter – Gray Road/Enfield Falls Road; Woodard – Woodard Road
Committee Members are appointed by Town Board yearly at the annual Organizational Meeting.
The committee responsibilities include:
- coordinating the upkeep of the cemeteries to include maintenance, mowing, trimming, cutting brush, and repair of grave markers.
- making recommendations to the Town Board for the purchase of equipment and repair of grave markers.
- submitting budget recommendations to the Town Supervisor for inclusion in the yearly Town budget.
- setting and removing flags from veteran’s graves (before Memorial Day in May and after Veterans Day, November 11).
- ensuring cemetery records are maintained.
- making recommendations to the Town Board for revisions to the cemetery policy and procedures.